Helping HandThis month we were lucky to have a student worker join our team. Abdulla Alfazari took a break from Engineering to join the Library staff and we really appreciate all the work he was able to do when he was with us. Keep an eye out for Abdulla’s Wonderful Website recommendation in our November newsletter.
ADMC Research Centre
We have established a Research Centre next to the Print Zone in our library. This space is available for faculty and students who are working on research projects. It is a quiet study area and is equipped with print and electronic research resources suitable for Masters and PhD students. This room is also available to Year 4 Bachelor students working on research projects upon request.
IEEE Training: Making Your Research Visible
IEEE & Naseej will be offering an interesting training session for researchers on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 at the Abu Dhabi Women's College Library (Training Room D117), from 2pm to 4pm.
Hazman Aziz, IEEE Client Services Manager, will be providing some valuable insight into how make your research more visible, and to improve your research profile:
- Using IEEE Xplore effectively & efficiently, with all the updated features to aid your literature review.
- Using IEEE Xplore tools for knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Learning about simple Article Level Metrics in IEEE Xplore.
- Tips and pointers to publish for IEEE Conferences & Journals.
- Learning about IEEE Reference Style using IEEE Collabratec MS Word Plugin. n Finding the right publication & submit your paper via IEEE Xplore.
Space is limited, so make sure to book early! For reservations, please email Stephen Visagie at firstname.lastname@example.org